Best of Richard Ramirez/Black Leather Jesus/WWJ/etc

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Re: Best of Richard Ramirez/Black Leather Jesus/WWJ/etc

Post by holy ghost »

Picked this one up on my last S&W order - really cool! A much more nuanced, atmospheric RR and I'm here for it. This is a great album and I'm glad it got the "special" Hospital treatment.
duckworship
C20

Post by duckworship »

Got a release by a project Ramirez is or was involved in called Baptist Skin Communiti called Negative Air, very long and very cavernous dark drone scapes that invoke a desolate and haunted industrial factory. Does anyone have anything else of this project? There's very little of it online....
puritanwaste
Hard Panning

Post by puritanwaste »

duckworship wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:14 pm Got a release by a project Ramirez is or was involved in called Baptist Skin Communiti called Negative Air, very long and very cavernous dark drone scapes that invoke a desolate and haunted industrial factory. Does anyone have anything else of this project? There's very little of it online....
I have this one and it's really, really good.
https://www.discogs.com/release/739921- ... aboration-
duckworship
C20

Post by duckworship »

puritanwaste wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:27 am
duckworship wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:14 pm Got a release by a project Ramirez is or was involved in called Baptist Skin Communiti called Negative Air, very long and very cavernous dark drone scapes that invoke a desolate and haunted industrial factory. Does anyone have anything else of this project? There's very little of it online....
Would love to have either a copy or high quality rip of this! Another project that's loosely related to Ramirez since they did a release on his label Deadline (and one of the members, Michael Triech did a project with him named Caron) that Luke of Skeleton Dust told me about being similar to BSC was Tearing The Wings Off Flies. Anyone familiar with this project? I've only been able to get one release called The End Is Never, very minimal wall textural noise that's like gravel being scraped at loud volume with the low frequencies cranked all the way up...
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

duckworship wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:02 pm
puritanwaste wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:27 am
Would love to have either a copy or high quality rip of this! Another project that's loosely related to Ramirez since they did a release on his label Deadline (and one of the members, Michael Triech did a project with him named Caron) that Luke of Skeleton Dust told me about being similar to BSC was Tearing The Wings Off Flies. Anyone familiar with this project? I've only been able to get one release called The End Is Never, very minimal wall textural noise that's like gravel being scraped at loud volume with the low frequencies cranked all the way up...
I'm intrigued...

Btw both people in the group are dead now *eerie music plays*

Anyways, I found this on 'scogs:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/451405-T ... -Off-Flies
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

I can't find that album you mentioned anywhere online, so I put it on my soulseek wish list.

Someone needs to ask Richard if he's willing to upload it to his massive bandcamp.
ohhra
Sound Art

Post by ohhra »

I've never saw a discossion about E.E.E.
Formerly from the UK, this minimal noise project began in 1983. Elliot Einsmire (Ella's twin) passed in 1997. Ella continues the project.
Does anybody know any info about this?
It looks like another Ramirez' side project
pros:
1) Straight wall noise from early 80s and nobody (besides Ramirez) mentions it ever
2) How ultra limited tapes from UK came to Texas in the late 80s?
3) According to discogs Ramirez is the only owner of the tapes. He is also submit all releases

On the other hand we have Forced Orgasm - HNW project which is close to Ramirez' "scene" and we know it's a real person (or do we?)
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

ohhra wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:21 am I've never saw a discossion about E.E.E.
Formerly from the UK, this minimal noise project began in 1983. Elliot Einsmire (Ella's twin) passed in 1997. Ella continues the project.
pros:
1) Straight wall noise from early 80s and nobody (besides Ramirez) mentions it ever
3) According to discogs Ramirez is the only owner of the tapes. He is also submit all releases

On the other hand we have Forced Orgasm - HNW project which is close to Ramirez' "scene" and we know it's a real person (or do we?)
Bleak Bliss wrote:The E's are good in question are "officially" Ella Einsmire and Elliot Einsmire. British twins that made noise music and then moved to Texas to make some more. Tragically Elliot died in 1997, leaving Ella to pursue the noise mission alone.

The unfortunate truth is that none of that can be true. Nobody over here had ever heard of them and they don't appear in any meaningful way on t'interweb. Also, nobody over here makes wall noise like this and certainly never did in the titular dates. What am I? Some kind of mug that believes for a second that there are two Rupeni? For me, it's another one of Richard's ciphers and that is always a good thing in any right thinking world!
http://bleakbliss.blogspot.com/2023/04/ ... -1992.html
horseblood
Sound Art

Post by horseblood »

adult human wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:29 am
ohhra wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:21 am I've never saw a discossion about E.E.E.
pros:

Bleak Bliss wrote:The E's are good in question are "officially" Ella Einsmire and Elliot Einsmire. British twins that made noise music and then moved to Texas to make some more. Tragically Elliot died in 1997, leaving Ella to pursue the noise mission alone.

The unfortunate truth is that none of that can be true. Nobody over here had ever heard of them and they don't appear in any meaningful way on t'interweb. Also, nobody over here makes wall noise like this and certainly never did in the titular dates. What am I? Some kind of mug that believes for a second that there are two Rupeni? For me, it's another one of Richard's ciphers and that is always a good thing in any right thinking world!
http://bleakbliss.blogspot.com/2023/04/ ... -1992.html
Looking here, it appears there may actually be truth to the story. Release on a UK label in the 80’s.

https://music.metason.net/artistinfo?name=E.E.E.
horseblood
Sound Art

Post by horseblood »

adult human wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:50 am Every release on that label is by them though!
Good point!! And the pages for all those records on Discogs were mostly edited by one man. I think you can guess who😂 he certainly went all out to make the story look convincing, which is cool.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

horseblood wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:28 pm
adult human wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:50 am Every release on that label is by them though!
Good point!! And the pages for all those records on Discogs were mostly edited by one man. I think you can guess who😂 he certainly went all out to make the story look convincing, which is cool.
The real dorkiness I’d love to dive into would be to inspect the physical objects for signs of U.K. vs USA production materials!
PetiteSoles
Hard Panning

Post by PetiteSoles »

I mentioned some of the stuff in this thread to Richard. He showed me a flyer where he played a show with Forced Orgasm. I guess this rumor had been around a while. Also, I guess a bunch of the people in Houston know E.E.E.

He told me at one point people even thought he was David Gilden, But that ended because, obviously, people knew him.
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

Post by Lactating Tardigrade »

Rope Cosmetologist

Turn Left c30 and Turn Right c30
Not sure if this is Richard directly, but assume it is. Released this month as a "new noise project" on Room 2A. Excellent shit and one of the best new projects alongside Cruel Map of Women's Bodies. Where Cruel Map is maximalist and brutal, this is along the lines of "drone" oriented harsh noise. It is very textured and harsh, but not overtly brutal and floats within certain frequencies. I very much enjoy this style of Richard's. Floating feedback, layered frequencies, and a complex soup of sounds.

https://richardramirez.bandcamp.com/album/turn-left
https://richardramirez.bandcamp.com/album/turn-right
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

Powdered Beatles - What Am I?

I wanted to come in here & chime in on this particular tape. Picked it up from Richard years ago, and kind of forgot about it since an initial listen. Might be time to take it for another spin. It is a lot weirder and more involved than other works of his.

Also, holy shit the Lingula tape from that David Gilden boxset that Fusty Cunt did is phenomenal. I just heard it today, and cannot wait for more to hear it.
Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

Highly recommend people check out Richard's reissue of Varsity. Finally played my copy and I would place it up there with some of his absolute best. And he has a lot of bests. It was originally just a tour CDr in 2006 limited to 40, and now reissued on tape in only probably 10 copies or so. Criminal that material this good goes so poorly distributed, however, glad he reissued it. Don't hesitate before it's gone again!

https://richardramirez.bandcamp.com/album/varsity

Have people gotten their copies of Trick from Hospital yet? I really want to order but that price tag is tough.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

k.p.g wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:56 pm Powdered Beatles - What Am I?

I wanted to come in here & chime in on this particular tape. Picked it up from Richard years ago, and kind of forgot about it since an initial listen. Might be time to take it for another spin. It is a lot weirder and more involved than other works of his.

Also, holy shit the Lingula tape from that David Gilden boxset that Fusty Cunt did is phenomenal. I just heard it today, and cannot wait for more to hear it.
HOLD UP... there's a David Gilden boxset?!??

EDIT: HOLY COW, THAT'S EXTENSIVE!!!!!!!
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

New BLJ on Chondritic Sound:

And a new split between Richard and Scott Houston's Respirator:

Very exciting day. The first release from Scott Houston's Respirator since 2012 I believe. A very nuanced and minimally textural track. Enjoying this quite a bit.

New BLJ CDs are always the most crushing event of the year. I can't wait to get this and give it a proper listen. The preview track is excellent. I've said it before, but I think BLJ is the best and most consistent American Noise act, period.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

He dropped a ton of stuff yesterday on bandcamp.
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

A new batch just dropped this week. A very high-quality set of tapes where I think almost everything is mandatory. Richard released collaborative tapes with Slacking, Moonbeam Terror, and a new release each of Opera Garment and Meat Shop.

There are a couple of select tapes from Meat Shop that rank among my favorites of all time from the Deadline/2A catalog. Dragging Meat Rape and No Way Out are essential releases. Something about the room and space in these tapes set them apart from a lot of other projects. There is something truly special about No Way Out and I highly recommend everyone check this particular tape out. I am beyond excited to hear this new Meat Shop tape.

This new Opera Garment release is also something different. I somehow missed the first tape by this project in November of last year. Really well paced and carefully executed sounds. This latest tape sounds like an exercise in spring reverb and metal scraping detail of the highest caliber. The first release sounds a little harsher but also carefully planned and executed.

Long live Richard! By far one of my favorite artists and labels.