New Forum, Same Noise

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
W.K.
C20

Re: New Forum, Same Noise

Post by W.K. »

Hello nice to have a noise forum!
Atrophist
Thrashmaster

Post by Atrophist »

Thank you for setting this up on my behalf as well!

A question: am I complete idiot for not figuring out how to get an external link posted on the Forum to open in a new window?
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Atrophist wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:32 pm A question: am I complete idiot for not figuring out how to get an external link posted on the Forum to open in a new window?
Opening in the same window seems to be built into the standard phpBB coding. I’m sure if I played around with it long enough I could come up with something but the easiest solution is to manually open in new tab/window (not really possible for mobile, I know).
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Atrophist
Thrashmaster

Post by Atrophist »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:34 pm
Atrophist wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:32 pm A question: am I complete idiot for not figuring out how to get an external link posted on the Forum to open in a new window?
Opening in the same window seems to be built into the standard phpBB coding. I’m sure if I played around with it long enough I could come up with something but the easiest solution is to manually open in new tab/window (not really possible for mobile, I know).
Okay, no problem. Thanks. :)
Greg
C20

Post by Greg »

Nice job Taylor. Forum looks good!
A FAIL ASSOCIATION
DADA DRUMMING
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Thanks Greg, and welcome! Glad to have you on board.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
RUBBISH
Contact Mic

Post by RUBBISH »

Nice.
Had to reacquaint with FB recently just to use messenger so I can be contacted there or here or noisewiki or wherever.
received_522272055381623.jpeg
received_522272055381623.jpeg (27.15 KiB) Viewed 1622 times
minimal.impact
Contact Mic

Post by minimal.impact »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:25 pmThe main focus, at least on a personal level, is to have a discussion board that is mobile friendly (ease of access, ability to upload photos from device, etc)
Nice to hear, definitely appreciated. Gives me something easy to browse while at work. Will report back on anything I notice once I've had a chance to try it out.
Antirealist
Contact Mic

Post by Antirealist »

hey! a silly situation here - i can't figure out a simple thing, how to embed soundcloud player in the post, substituting yt option doesn't work.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Antirealist wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:17 am hey! a silly situation here - i can't figure out a simple thing, how to embed soundcloud player in the post, substituting yt option doesn't work.
Sorry for the delayed response. There currently isn't an option to embed Soundcloud or any other player here (and the YouTube one needs revamping). The initial idea of this forum was to have it be a more stripped-down place, away from the busy bombardment of other social media. There are certain things can be beneficial, such as embedded players, and I will look into it soon.
Antirealist
Contact Mic

Post by Antirealist »

Sorry for the delayed response. There currently isn't an option to embed Soundcloud or any other player here (and the YouTube one needs revamping). The initial idea of this forum was to have it be a more stripped-down place, away from the busy bombardment of other social media. There are certain things can be beneficial, such as embedded players, and I will look into it soon.
thanks, got it! no problems about posting links only, just thought i can't get how to. however having player embedded, most probably will lead to users listening more to each other's posted stuff. there is this strange thing going on, laziness to click on the link (of which i'm guilty too sometimes). in the early 90's when there were no shops selling unconventional music we used to go with empty tapes to pirates gathering literary in a forest on the city edge, paying for recording and coming back to get them in a week. that was dedication, now we have become lazy :D
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Antirealist wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:57 am
thanks, got it! no problems about posting links only, just thought i can't get how to. however having player embedded, most probably will lead to users listening more to each other's posted stuff. there is this strange thing going on, laziness to click on the link (of which i'm guilty too sometimes). in the early 90's when there were no shops selling unconventional music we used to go with empty tapes to pirates gathering literary in a forest on the city edge, paying for recording and coming back to get them in a week. that was dedication, now we have become lazy :D
Hey, if I lived near you I would be happy to meet up in the woods to trade some tapes. I would throw in a loop or two as well!
Antirealist
Contact Mic

Post by Antirealist »

SS1535 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:06 pmHey, if I lived near you I would be happy to meet up in the woods to trade some tapes. I would throw in a loop or two as well!
the only thing we need to do is to go back in time :) those years were immersed in extreme metal and grind records, also gave me the first glimpses of industrial and related stuff, not much, but enough to modify and later change the sonic interests.