WRESTLING

Have a blast. Keep it friendly.
truetildeaf
Contact Mic

WRESTLING

Post by truetildeaf »

Like I wasn’t going to start a thread for this. Come on. So what are you watching? All time faves? Let’s hear it.

For those that don’t know me, I am rather immersed in the world of Japanese women’s professional wrestling (joshi) both past and present. I love Stardom, Tokyo Joshi Pro, Ice Ribbon, Marvelous… I love it all.

In terms of dudes wrestling, I will watch AEW so that I can talk to some of my more casual wrestling friends stateside, but my attention is really zeroed in on what’s happening in Japan. NOAH has been the knocking it out of the park the last couple years as New Japan seems to be really suffering creatively. I enjoy DDT, the comedy and the more serious stuff are all so genuinely enjoyable.

Let’s hear it, marks!
onewayvision
Sound Art

Re: WRESTLING

Post by onewayvision »

Stardom and Tokyo Joshi Pro for me these days. Just give me Miyu Yamashita every goddamn day. AEW since it's accessible and generally has been a lot of fun. I have been watching NOAH but I tend to the skip to the last two or three matches, I have a hard time getting into their events as a whole. Same goes for modern AJPW and Dragon Gate, I'll just watch main events if they get a lot of hype.
truetildeaf
Contact Mic

Post by truetildeaf »

Miyu Yamashita is so good. The best final boss.

Definitely understand the NOAH take, I think I just get so into the main event scene I forget the less interesting first half haha

I haven’t kept up with AJPW in a minute, but for awhile Miyahara and Akiyama were busting out bangers for matches. I should just put the time in and watch again.
onewayvision
Sound Art

Post by onewayvision »

I will agree that New Japan is really suffering though...I watched all three nights of WK and apart from the New Japan/NOAH show which I enjoyed, I felt like I wasted an entire weekend. Do you use XWT? Shows galore updated daily.
truetildeaf
Contact Mic

Post by truetildeaf »

I use XWT often but I also actively rotate subscriptions for companies to sort of relieve a little guilt and to support as much I can. I keep Stardom World and Wrestle Universe at all times, everything else rotates. I wish I could navigate NicoPro better because having Ice Ribbon and Diana and everything else is awfully convenient.

Did you catch the NOAH show from last night? I’m watching it this evening, sounds like the main event is quite the development.
onewayvision
Sound Art

Post by onewayvision »

Yeah I should probably subscribe to Stardom World again...I had New Japan World but mostly for the library. Yeah let me know if you ever do find better navigation for Nico, I need to watch more Ice Ribbon. Also just got a huge Oz Academy pack of older shows if you're interested...

I did not, but I'll check it out tonight. I just saw a photo flying around post-match with Nakajima not looking too pleased.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Used to follow wwe regularly 2001-2008ish

Nowadays dont follow anything that much but still have shared collection of wwe/wwf, wcw, ecw dvd's and wwe games with a friend and rewatch/play those.
Boarnoise
Contact Mic

Post by Boarnoise »

I didn’t watch AEW revolution but I read up and watched the highlights. Seemed like a sic show. Sting jumping off a balcony throw 3 tables at 60ish years old. Holy shit Sting rules (always been a big sting fan other than his TNA work).
Also Thunder Rosa losing sucked. Thunder Rosa is so bad ass.
Only a few takes. Anyone else watch or read up on revolution?
oZiris
Hard Panning

Post by oZiris »

The true star of Dominion 2023
Mental Tekkers Forever!
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

Post by Lactating Tardigrade »

I honestly don't keep up with modern wrestling, but this video came up on YouTube and brought back so much nostalgia. Undertaker and Mick Foley rewatching their famous hell in a Cell match on the 25th year anniversary: