Packaging and art at the expense of…

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Re: Packaging and art at the expense of…

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

ChicagoAnimal wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:05 pm no way do I want some bizarre package with dimensions like 20" x 20" x 4" clogging up my shelves.
Ha, that's part of the appeal! That is, the idear of bizarre somethings clogging up my shelves, leaving aside the very real total lack of available shelf-space. Bonus points if the place of residence is shared with persons who will constantly ride you on such shit. Harshnoise Ideology, allow me to introduce a good friend of mine, The Ferocity Of Practical Life. We go way back...

Speaking of which, proud coppers of TNB's Anti Manifesto are encouraged to spout herein.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:54 am Speaking of which, proud coppers of TNB's Anti Manifesto are encouraged to spout herein.
For those who can't be fucked to follow the link:
"MUSIC ...... Abolished by THE NEW BLOCKADERS" - cassette label.
"TAPE erased by THE NEW BLOCKADERS" - credit insert.
Nice full length tapes too, none of that 4'33" crap...

er. Okay, slight guilt pangs here at derailing the thread to mumble about anti releases, which deserve their own topic, but I'd think they'd at least need to be if not part of then at least tangential to this conversation. /guiltpangs
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

I've worked in packaging and branding for most of my adult career and I agree that getting a cool package with a audio letdown sucks, but sucking is subjective. For me I used to buy every Gravity Records release because they did incredible packaging/vinyl etching for all of their releases and that was their thing. Did I like every release? For the most part I'd say 80% yes but I was into the genre they were releasing, there were a lot of handmade aspects to it and it was a different time. I may not always appreciate the music but I will appreciate a DIY effort.