Barstool Mountain - II (Memory Eraser)

Dedicated reviews section. All writers welcome.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Barstool Mountain - II (Memory Eraser)

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

With I (Closing Time), had in these holes presumed enough to cop due clues as to lines upon which the project was set to, indelicately, fracture. Now am back to square fucked and maybe that was already in the cards. Fractured, right, but snifted through hazy fur-burnt somnolence, belched n felched cluster ruptures so eminently blowing fat hairy chunks round the flurz-bur-shlurzzled MG AoF obit. Orbit. Whatever the frzzzzzzzzzzz. Er…fuck was e on about? Something about distinguishing the lines between one monicker and another. Like it matters. Like I matters.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Re: Barstool Mountain - II (Memory Eraser)

Okay boys and girls, think I’m about properly soused, time for round two. Come on Barstool Mountain II, I’m not afraid. In we go with…old shitfaced man of the mountain rendition of boom boom roppongi, dragged limp, neither kicking nor screaming, through mounds of rusted sludger bludger, filth-mounds, feeding deep into title track whose ragged acoustic sources thunk and ka-chunk, speeded-down down DOWN cantankerous bludgeon-thud hammering from on looow. In the final minute and all heftiness piles on for a turn before strategically exiting and to the crown jewel'd confessional. Frustrated fireside, elliptical ghost edges ripped ragged and smudged to brutalized oblivia, peaks and pokes through gira-esque soul rend-ition, could swear there were tears in the eye the brutal perv-vection, should this? Now, it should not be seen, should not be, should be, is, is brute, brutal. Fuck. Scuse me, another glass beckons, or perhaps another round of ye olde textured curdle dragging drugged n stupor’d through frazzled frizzle-blurt.

But hold on, let’s just say one thing here, because it has to be said. Sense of humor. Grim. Brutal. Bestial. Human. Warm. If that’s your thing… But, there’s a pained smiled bristling thing through the endless self-brutalism. Brutalisme. Okay, wait. You, like, think this is, like, fucking funny? By the way?! That ring on her finger don´t belong to me, okay? Like, fuck.

Just buy that motherfucker another drink.

Honestly folks. Can’t think when I’ve just so pervectly wibed with a piece of auricular filth. Round three comin up. See you next weekend!
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

I'm in. The A-side visits a lot of places but never leads astray. The B-side is the fireside sitdown as it tries to distill the prior travelogue the only way it knows how: in a primitive, grim, brutal, bestial, (pre-)human manner. It's a language that can't quite be understood, but the primal pantomime does have an effect. The fire eventually goes out. The neolithic attempt at communication continues in the dark, and questions still remain when it stops.

Frustrated fireside, elliptical ghost edges ripped ragged and smudged to brutalized oblivia, indeed.

Time to see what a revisit of Closing Time has in store with the benefit of Memory Eraser's perspective backing it up.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
New Forces
Hard Panning

Post by New Forces »

Shameless plug that a new Barstool Mountain tape will be available on New Forces (along with tapes by Knurl, Moozzhead, and Maranata) in the next couple weeks.
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:13 am Presumably would work just as well in muted capacities
^ That was the starting point and let’s go with it. Muted capacitants. And apologies if you’ve encountered this before, but there may be no better test of HN mettle than filtering said mettle through pathetically slack juris-floppence. Juris-futzence. Juris…

At the corner of the earhole the burnt-raw cravings of indelicate rumble-sludge snort ‘n blurt through over-taxed esophagi. Primitive irate angry ineffectual pathetically limp buttering from on low. Festering snorkel-core snorting up a phlegm-sputted motherlode, horked hard. Buttermilked fussy-splooge piddling out the choked-raw porker. Belch.

One of my favorite moments, if you will call it a moment, is when the hand just starts wailing into a steady metal-on-metal hammering dirge. Distorted to all proverbial fugg. And just doesn’t let up. In the above-prescribed muted capacities this manifests as dirge proper, but with weirdly deceptive depths swallowing up ill-guarded attentions, implications, incursions, intricate frazzle-knobs chafing in a distance-cum-full-frontal blow-out.

See, here’s the thing, at least with ‘Stool of this caliber. Like, you never really knew how close up and personal the next sound event was due to be registering. Like a warped fever dream slowed down to shit-ground curdle, constantly warping smearing smudging in and out of focus, like if I were to just, like, force the snifting shnozz down one more layer, see, or maybe two or three more layers, it would, like, start to make some hideous sense, a hideously disgusting dis-sense sorta sense, only to be avalanched with unscrupulous blurts of half-dismembered cranials smooshed toofless. Like.

Man fuck this shit, where’s my goddamn dri
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Revisiting today (ah, what a tape!) and forgot that it was seasonal: "It's Christmas Day, December the 25th, and four days ago I lost my drivers license, lost my credit card..."
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics