Grindcore / Noisecore / Powerviolence / Gorenoise

Have a blast. Keep it friendly.
Helvitis
Hard Panning

Re: Grindcore / Noisecore / Powerviolence / Gorenoise

Post by Helvitis »

Will forever be a favorite band of mine. Good friends, great people to work with. Just all around the greatest.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Vivian wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:44 am Taantumus ... your tape on KAZ does the job !

I used to enjoy noisecore a lot in the period 2005-2010 but I feel that genre is getting out of breath.
There are still bands I follow such as sedem minut strachu (chatting about Kaz ...), and those on which Tipacti is drumming (atrofia cerebral, audicion irritable, ... countless others).

I used to play in ADOLF SHITTER too, but the band is on a hiatus since 2016.
also, being French I can't miss recommending you VULGAR NAUSEA !
I'm listening to a bunch of Vulgar Nausea and WOW!!!!!!!! What an unsung (ha!) band!!!!

Btw I think I have a split you did. Maybe with Hades Mining Co.? I'll look it up later.

SMS doesn't always do much for me, but their split with Erectile Dementia is incredible.

Will have to look into those other two you mentioned...
Vivian
C20

Post by Vivian »

What i like in SMS is the "physicality" of their sound.

VxN is deeply missed. they did a one and only gig in my garage, on the golden years, for the mighty BOURG EN BRUIT festivals I organised. I think this you can find on vimeo.
that duo was formed by Julien (EKUNHAASHAASTAACK / stockroom records) and Côme (still active as LORDxGONZO / filth is my life records). I think they disbanded 2008-2009 maybe, but they did a comming back for that mighty live on 2012.

there was also SARKOFACHO CRSS 88 (which is, to be exhaustive, not NS project at all) at that time, that one man band was crazy on live sets (same, you can find some videos on vimeo.com I guess). everything fucking analog, craziness on stage, really physical and surrounding.
MiseryEngine
C20

Post by MiseryEngine »

I played guitar and did vocals in In Disgust. Currently guitar and vocals in Socioclast (hiatus not permanent). Grindcore is what brought me to PE/noise in the first place.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

MiseryEngine wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:21 am I played guitar and did vocals in In Disgust.
One of the best to ever do it!
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Knifedoutofexistence
C20

Post by Knifedoutofexistence »

MiseryEngine wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:21 am I played guitar and did vocals in In Disgust. Currently guitar and vocals in Socioclast (hiatus not permanent). Grindcore is what brought me to PE/noise in the first place.
Had absolutely no idea that was you. In Disgust was hard!
MiseryEngine
C20

Post by MiseryEngine »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:32 am
MiseryEngine wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:21 am I played guitar and did vocals in In Disgust.
One of the best to ever do it!
Much love brother!
MiseryEngine
C20

Post by MiseryEngine »

Knifedoutofexistence wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:35 am
MiseryEngine wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:21 am I played guitar and did vocals in In Disgust. Currently guitar and vocals in Socioclast (hiatus not permanent). Grindcore is what brought me to PE/noise in the first place.
Had absolutely no idea that was you. In Disgust was hard!
Thank you so much, it definitely opened a lot of doors for me in this scene. I’m truly grateful for how helpful and supportive this scene has been to me
Vivian
C20

Post by Vivian »

I forgot, there was also MENTAL HYGIENE TERRORISM & ORCHESTRA from France, doing sick noisecore with saxophone parts. this band kicked ass !
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Vivian wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:12 am I forgot, there was also MENTAL HYGIENE TERRORISM & ORCHESTRA from France, doing sick noisecore with saxophone parts. this band kicked ass !
I have that 10” they did - really wild stuff!
Vivian
C20

Post by Vivian »

those are wild guys too !
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Mental Hygiene etc had/has a bunch of stuff for free download on bandcamp.

On that note, Sissy Spacek's noisecore release, Disfathom, is now "name your price" on their bandcamp!!!
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

I ordered that last batch from FOAD - Cripple Bastards 400 song demo, Atrofia Cerebral, WBI/Tumor and Sore Throat - currently been stuck in transit for over a month. Last scan was Jan 8 so I assume it’s coming by boat.

Haven’t been keeping up with a lot of stuff recently. I buy everything Sissy Spacek puts out but I’ve fallen behind on some of the other bands I followed religiously - when I was playing in a noisecore band and releasing tapes it was a lot easier to trade stuff with people. Would very much like to do something but I just moved to a new city (plus those pesky COVID precautions).

One of my favourite (now defunct) bands was Chapp’ai from Hungary.
Vivian
C20

Post by Vivian »

when I was playing in a noisecore band and releasing tapes it was a lot easier to trade stuff with people.
you bet !
just discovered, talking about sissy spacek, the band sewer system from the last ANGST batch. this is wild shit !
One of my favourite (now defunct) bands was Chapp’ai from Hungary
for sure. as long as melanocetus murrayi from Greece uh !
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

D345 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:33 am https://romutus.bandcamp.com/album/s-t

I call ROMUTUS harsh noisecore. Chaotic hardcore with harsh noise influences. Includes Pentti Dassum of Umpio doing junk abuse. Fucking best.

https://virhe.bandcamp.com/

Virhe is best new finnish power violence whatever grind/hardcore. Death Basket is also recommended, check out WHAT'S THE POINT label if interested in this kind of stuff.
https://whatsthepointrecords.bandcamp.com/
Gotta check Romutus.

Virhe, Death Basket and Sonic Torture kick ass and hard!

Cut To Fit is/was/will be my favorite grindcore band. Saw them around 50 times and got them inked on my leg.

Some other bands worth of checking: Praise, Fuck-Ushima, Famine Year, Feastem, Psykoanalyysi, Spawn From Deceit, Bloated, early Rytmihäiriö.
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

Namahs wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:47 pm

I call ROMUTUS harsh noisecore. Chaotic hardcore with harsh noise influences. Includes Pentti Dassum of Umpio doing junk abuse. Fucking best.

Virhe is best new finnish power violence whatever grind/hardcore. Death Basket is also recommended, check out WHAT'S THE POINT label if interested in this kind of stuff.
Gotta check Romutus.

Cut To Fit is/was/will be my favorite grindcore band. Saw them around 50 times and got them inked on my leg.

Some other bands worth of checking: Praise, Fuck-Ushima, Famine Year, Feastem, Psykoanalyysi, Spawn From Deceit, Bloated, early Rytmihäiriö.
Good choices! I'm familiar with, Fuck-Ushima, Famine Year, Feastem, Psykoanalyysi and of course early Rytmihäiriö. Check out Major Mistake.
I once played live before Cut To Fit in Lappeenranta, I managed to empty the bar of paying customers and Cut To Fit played to other bands, hah. Jere didn't mind but I think rest of the band did, oh well.
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

D345 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:08 am
Namahs wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:47 pm

Gotta check Romutus.

Good choices! I'm familiar with, Fuck-Ushima, Famine Year, Feastem, Psykoanalyysi and of course early Rytmihäiriö. Check out Major Mistake.
I once played live before Cut To Fit in Lappeenranta, I managed to empty the bar of paying customers and Cut To Fit played to other bands, hah. Jere didn't mind but I think rest of the band did, oh well.
I'll check them out!

Haha I think Jere used to joke around that they were "perfect band to empty the bar". Really wish they would have gotten more attention inside and outside of Finland.
Chris
Contact Mic

Post by Chris »

I'll be catching P.L.F. live in April. One thing that's abundantly clear when listening to them is the importance of thrash metal to their sound.

Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

Chris wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:17 am I'll be catching P.L.F. live in April. One thing that's abundantly clear when listening to them is the importance of thrash metal to their sound.

Awesome band. It’s no wonder the guitarist is also in Oath Of Cruelty
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Vivian wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:59 am
when I was playing in a noisecore band and releasing tapes it was a lot easier to trade stuff with people.
you bet !
just discovered, talking about sissy spacek, the band sewer system from the last ANGST batch. this is wild shit !
One of my favourite (now defunct) bands was Chapp’ai from Hungary
for sure. as long as melanocetus murrayi from Greece uh !
Melanocetus Murrayi is awesome - I have a few tapes and that shit just scratches the itch perfectly.

Really like Sewer System as well.

Fleshlicker did a tape last year that was pure 7MON/early Agoraphobic Nosebleed worship that was straight up amazing. I really dig the HNW side but this was also just incredible.

I also went back and revisited the early AGNB catalog, so much good stuff there. I like their new music less as less the further they go but those early 7”s, Honkey Reduction, Frozen Corpses…. and that Altered States and the remix CD? PCP Tornado? Basically they kind of lost me at Agorapocalypse.
Remi
Thrashmaster

Post by Remi »

I love noisecore but very rarely anything released in the 00's and afterwards besides say Penis Geyser. I can't find the sheer sonic violence and radicalism of the South American (and especially Brazilian) bands, the silliness and brutality of the Spanish scene, etc, anywhere anymore. It's like comparing the best 80's comedy films with shit like "Scary Movie", not the same taste, not the same quality.

Also, have you guys seen those Atrofia Cerebral rehearsal videos from recent times? Most depressing and boring stuff ever.

That guy however...

Violent Shogun / Hattifnattar / Cryptofascisme / etc:
http://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com
Droit Divin:
http://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com
Lava:
http://lavabdx.bandcamp.com
parasitenurse
C20

Post by parasitenurse »

just bought tickets for the plf/sulfuric cautery show at saint vitus next month!

sulfuric cautery - chainsaws clogged by the underdeveloped brain matter of xenophobes is in pretty heavy rotation right now. hella ldoh vibes for sure.
Zalhietzli
Hard Panning

Post by Zalhietzli »

holy ghost wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:36 am I also went back and revisited the early AGNB catalog, so much good stuff there. I like their new music less as less the further they go but those early 7”s, Honkey Reduction, Frozen Corpses…. and that Altered States and the remix CD? PCP Tornado? Basically they kind of lost me at Agorapocalypse.
I fucking love agorapocalypse and most of their earlier stuff, but my interested sharply bombed after that.

I'm thinking of getting that discordance axis TID LP reissueas it's favorite grind record ever, but 50€ with shipping is a bit steep...
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

parasitenurse wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:03 pm sulfuric cautery - chainsaws clogged by the underdeveloped brain matter of xenophobes is in pretty heavy rotation right now. hella ldoh vibes for sure.
Such a killer record. Saw them live a couple years ago but it was a house show with no PA so I couldn’t hear the PING PING PING of the snare…..