True Crime Electronics (Slogun, Deathpile, Fistfuck etc.)

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
prolapsedlielack
Contact Mic

True Crime Electronics (Slogun, Deathpile, Fistfuck etc.)

Post by prolapsedlielack »

Anybody know any acts that deal with true crime topics like the ones listed in the subject? I know it's an overdone topic in noise but I still find it interesting if done right. Thanks in advance!
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Re: True Crime Electronics (Slogun, Deathpile, Fistfuck etc.)

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Rips may exist online of the three releases on this short-lived Canadian label: https://www.discogs.com/label/1494443-T ... lectronics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
prolapsedlielack
Contact Mic

Scream & Writhe wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:42 pm Rips may exist online of the three releases on this short-lived Canadian label: https://www.discogs.com/label/1494443-T ... lectronics
this looks perfect! bummed the label closed, i would've loved to have gotten in touch with the guy behind it. Scald Hymn is a great act, a friend of mine just saw him in live and it looked amazing
ChicagoAnimal
Hard Panning

Post by ChicagoAnimal »

Bloodyminded and Intrinsic Action are only acts that matter in this vein. All else is poorly recorded nonsense and child's play.
prolapsedlielack
Contact Mic

ChicagoAnimal wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:47 pm Bloodyminded and Intrinsic Action are only acts that matter in this vein. All else is poorly recorded nonsense and child's play.
Where should I start with both?
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Flagellatio Orgasmus/Orgaoid/other projects from Russia has done some interesting, true crime-themed releases that are worth checking out. "West Siberian Crime Electronics" is his tagline.
PetiteSoles
Hard Panning

Post by PetiteSoles »

I think the Murder Series of 7”s from Self Abuse is an obvious answer.
consumer
C20

Post by consumer »

The Verdigris 7" by Sewer Goddess has a true crime theme.
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

I recall seeing a swedish comp looking for submissions on this board when I first joined. Criminal Party? something to that effect...
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

luciferjonez wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:08 am I recall seeing a swedish comp looking for submissions on this board when I first joined. Criminal Party? something to that effect...
Yes, it's from Skuggsidan.
MND
C20

Post by MND »

I released a true crime compilation in 2020, with each project dedicating a track to a crime or killer from their area, or state if they couldn't find information on crimes/killers in their area, here it is: https://www.discogs.com/master/1900404- ... Aggression
ChicagoAnimal
Hard Panning

Post by ChicagoAnimal »

prolapsedlielack wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:50 pm
ChicagoAnimal wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:47 pm Bloodyminded and Intrinsic Action are only acts that matter in this vein. All else is poorly recorded nonsense and child's play.
Anything is fine with either artist, imho.

But just buy "Trophy" and get it over with.
Greg
C20

Post by Greg »

As far as me personally, I'd go with "Kill To Forget" & "Fair Game" from Slogun. These two for me absolutely leave the genre a bloody mess (pun intended) in their wake. I lean toward "Fair Game" being the favorite Slogun release for me overall, and has the most replay out of all that I own. "Chronicle of Serial Murder" and "Written in Blood" are good ones as well, but don't reach the high's of FG. Start with those, then move on to the rest of the discography. The '99-'01 release period of Slogun is unmatched by anyone for serial killer electronics.

"G.R." by Deathpile is canon for the genre. Get a copy wherever and however you can. I seem to remember some sort of divide on this record when it came out, but whatever that was pales to how great the release is. Absolutely brutal.

Deathpile's "Back on the Prowl" is highly recommended for the dirtier, more sexual/less serial killer side, if you're into that. Just the way the cd-r opens with Canady screaming "We're fucking back!" is enough to elicit joy. The whole release will really weed out the undesirable's in your life if you're looking to lighten your load.
A FAIL ASSOCIATION
DADA DRUMMING
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
prolapsedlielack
Contact Mic

Greg wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:51 am As far as me personally, I'd go with "Kill To Forget" & "Fair Game" from Slogun. These two for me absolutely leave the genre a bloody mess (pun intended) in their wake. I lean toward "Fair Game" being the favorite Slogun release for me overall, and has the most replay out of all that I own. "Chronicle of Serial Murder" and "Written in Blood" are good ones as well, but don't reach the high's of FG. Start with those, then move on to the rest of the discography. The '99-'01 release period of Slogun is unmatched by anyone for serial killer electronics.

"G.R." by Deathpile is canon for the genre. Get a copy wherever and however you can. I seem to remember some sort of divide on this record when it came out, but whatever that was pales to how great the release is. Absolutely brutal.

Deathpile's "Back on the Prowl" is highly recommended for the dirtier, more sexual/less serial killer side, if you're into that. Just the way the cd-r opens with Canady screaming "We're fucking back!" is enough to elicit joy. The whole release will really weed out the undesirable's in your life if you're looking to lighten your load.
Slogun and Deathpile are two of my inspirations in noise. i just got a copy of the hospital re-press of "the pleasures of death" actually!
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

Speaking of Hospital, the recent Murder Machine tape was pretty interesting. Not a narrative release, more like true crime mood music inspired by real events. "Tell-Tale Heart of The Gemini Lounge" is especially impressive for the sinister, queasy feeling of dread it evokes; It's like I'm being transported to and seeing the mess of human remains left unattended, if only momentarily, in the back of the GL itself. A really uneasy feeling!
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

SS1535 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:11 pm
luciferjonez wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:08 am I recall seeing a swedish comp looking for submissions on this board when I first joined. Criminal Party? something to that effect...
did that comp ever come out?
December Man
C20

Post by December Man »

I love the boxed set dearly. I am really, really bad about selling/giving away stuff from my collection but this one is a lifer.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

luciferjonez wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:15 am
No, I think he might actually still be accepting submissions.
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

SS1535 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:14 pm

when I saw the posting I thought it was from 2022. I'm slow....
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

luciferjonez wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:34 pm
SS1535 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:14 pm

when I saw the posting I thought it was from 2022. I'm slow....
I think it might have been? He had an insanely long opening for submissions, like a year out or something.
PetiteSoles
Hard Panning

Post by PetiteSoles »

I recorded something today. Heavily focused on the kidnapping of Jaycee Dugard. Keeping everything kinda buried and not going to explicitly use images of her for the artwork though.

Unlike the Brudos tape I did that came in a miniature shoebox and had his pictures on it.

Anyways. I recently started a project called The Gray Man. These kinds of activities being the main influence.
AlexVirtues
Contact Mic

Post by AlexVirtues »

prolapsedlielack wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:50 pm
For Bloodyminded, the answer would probably be the "True Crime" album, ha.
-NRRRRK-
Hard Panning

Post by -NRRRRK- »

AlexVirtues wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:55 am For Bloodyminded, the answer would probably be the "True Crime" album, ha.
"True Crime" was my introduction to Bloodyminded and I loved it. Over time "Trophy" grew a lot and as of now I consider "Trophy" to be the bands masterpiece. The minimalism, the primitive sound and the vocal delivery are excellent.

Though some artists were already mentioned in the track title, but my three go-to albums for true crime pe are:
- Slogun: The Pleasures Of Death (my introduction to the whole of pe a long, long time ago)
- Deathpile: GR (it is like "Dark Side Of The Moon" for pe, everything is done so perfectly here)
- Bloodyminded: Trophy (as mentioned above)