Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Re: Now Playing

Post by Namahs »

Atrophist Noise Space XII & VII
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

Atrax Morgue - Deadbag
Yeah, the whole fuckin bag. All fuckin week. Feeling pretty dead inside so thought I'd try to counter (or possibly amplify) with some good ol' AM. And it almost always has to be the deadbag. Almost always the whole fuckin bag. This was my first proper intro to the project, after hearing bits n shits n giggles here and there, suddenly out plops whole fucking bag o' shit (in the 90s). Like, how could I resist? So, per the curious alchemy of such things, having vested the interest, need to duly vest the earholes and...I (eventually) took back pretty much everything I'd previously said about the project. And I won't deny the unquantifiable psychological element in play, re- vested interests, but it...was...just...like...the shit grows on you...in you...like some hideous tumor, particularly earlier era malignancies like Black Slaughter and In Search Of Death. But really it is the whole bag, sloooow throbbing wave after wave, gradually inexorably cutting off all circulation, wearing down the will, but strangely compelling the next tape then the next then the next. This here's a 7-tape version, the bag itself long since decomposed flaking shit...honestly not really made to last, and perhaps appropriately so.

Still hard not to smile at the memory of the warning sticker on the bag
Keep in reach of small children
deadbag.jpg
deadbag.jpg (41.97 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
brutalist
Blank Tape

Post by brutalist »

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:00 am Atrax Morgue - Deadbag
Yeah, the whole fuckin bag. All fuckin week. Feeling pretty dead inside so thought I'd try to counter (or possibly amplify) with some good ol' AM. And it almost always has to be the deadbag. Almost always the whole fuckin bag. This was my first proper intro to the project, after hearing bits n shits n giggles here and there, suddenly out plops whole fucking bag o' shit (in the 90s). Like, how could I resist? So, per the curious alchemy of such things, having vested the interest, need to duly vest the earholes and...I (eventually) took back pretty much everything I'd previously said about the project. And I won't deny the unquantifiable psychological element in play, re- vested interests, but it...was...just...like...the shit grows on you...in you...like some hideous tumor, particularly earlier era malignancies like Black Slaughter and In Search Of Death. But really it is the whole bag, sloooow throbbing wave after wave, gradually inexorably cutting off all circulation, wearing down the will, but strangely compelling the next tape then the next then the next. This here's a 7-tape version, the bag itself long since decomposed flaking shit...honestly not really made to last, and perhaps appropriately so.

Still hard not to smile at the memory of the warning sticker on the bag
Keep in reach of small childrendeadbag.jpg
yes AM is one of best projects oat, no doubt. it seems like a lot of european industrial people dislikes the project and from time to time talks about how it was rediscovered by trendy americans, blablabla, in my opinion nothing comes close to the absolutely sick and insane atmosphere of AM, even though i can see why people call it simplistic or whatever, but as you said, it just WORKS
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

How To Win At All Cost by Macronympha
https://shchyl.bandcamp.com/album/how-t ... t-all-cost
suits these times and helps to clear my head of all the shit that has been going on lately/always
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
sunandsteel
Contact Mic

Post by sunandsteel »

Zyklon SS - N* Torture Chamber
Very solid collection of tracks on this mid length release. Highlights are the Aggravated Assault interpretation/cover and Descent Into Death. The latter really showcases his skill at metal abuse, the textures come right at you backed by a simple but effective synth line.

Geography of Hell - Dacca 1971
Still waiting for the new LP to arrive in the mail, until then revisiting recent material. This doesn't hit as hard as the 2xLP but it's still good.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

sunandsteel wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:27 pm Zyklon SS - N* Torture Chamber
Very solid collection of tracks on this mid length release. Highlights are the Aggravated Assault interpretation/cover and Descent Into Death. The latter really showcases his skill at metal abuse, the textures come right at you backed by a simple but effective synth line.
I still need to pick this one up for completionism. My understanding is that this is like a mix of "Anti-personal Explosive Device" and "Iron Division"?
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

https://youtu.be/HWdmpQ6xtRA
Yugoslav Folk Music (Lyrichord LP LLST 7189)
absolutely punishing avantgarde. For my uneducated ears it sounds like everything is out of tune and place and just meant for torturing. Brilliant!
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Not noise, but something that could be appealing to those with an interest:
sunandsteel
Contact Mic

Post by sunandsteel »

SS1535 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:51 pm
sunandsteel wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:27 pm Zyklon SS - N* Torture Chamber
I still need to pick this one up for completionism. My understanding is that this is like a mix of "Anti-personal Explosive Device" and "Iron Division"?
I suppose it can be understood as somewhat of a midpoint.
Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

UMPIO - Arkivo C34 (Satatuhatta, 2021)
On feverish repeat the last few days. I haven't heard the 2014 version of this odds-and-ends compilation, but something tells me this version differs as it reeks of old and PRESENT day Umpio. It's a wonderful blend of tranquil hashish fog and violent science lab meltdown. For being an odds-and-ends thing it's surprisingly coherent, but I don't turn to Dassum for coherence so I'm not sure why I'm bringing that up. Maybe just to sell it better? Great great tape!
Attachments
IMG_20220303_091849.jpg
IMG_20220303_091849.jpg (29.04 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Capers wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:32 am UMPIO - Arkivo C34 (Satatuhatta, 2021)
On feverish repeat the last few days. I haven't heard the 2014 version of this odds-and-ends compilation, but something tells me this version differs as it reeks of old and PRESENT day Umpio. It's a wonderful blend of tranquil hashish fog and violent science lab meltdown. For being an odds-and-ends thing it's surprisingly coherent, but I don't turn to Dassum for coherence so I'm not sure why I'm bringing that up. Maybe just to sell it better? Great great tape!
This is up for free download on his Bandcamp too.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

D345 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:25 pm How To Win At All Cost by Macronympha
https://shchyl.bandcamp.com/album/how-t ... t-all-cost
suits these times and helps to clear my head of all the shit that has been going on lately/always
This one's decent, better than a lot of other Macro I've heard in recent years.
WCN
Maniacs Only

Post by WCN »

These two playing over each other at the EXACT SAME TIME. My stereo set up allows this, though I’ve never done it before. THIS is living. Exactly the pick me up I need to help me slog through a weekend of real-life German-style bookkeeping for my fucking noise label with all the other bullshit going on right now.

GREAT flavor combination here.
Attachments
86D4CB52-1992-45BE-9E73-E1897AD832E1.jpeg
86D4CB52-1992-45BE-9E73-E1897AD832E1.jpeg (61.33 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
Crimesofthecrown777
Contact Mic

Post by Crimesofthecrown777 »

Sore Dream "Tears Of A Blistered World" (Federal Prisoner)

Shit is very, very good. Like the best of wolf eyes and bastard noise in one with succinct to the point tracks that flow seamlessly.
XXX
C20

Post by XXX »

control - world of lies

difficult to put into words how much of an effect control has had on my noise journey. first heard him on the hated perversions comp. was immediately blown away by the surgically clean sounds & menacing atmosphere. of course, control has a formula that he rarely deviates from, but to my ears it is some of the best american PE of the era.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

WCN wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:00 pm GREAT flavor combination here.
4.5 on NoiseAdvocate!

Charcoal crunchgranules nicely balancing out the ascerbic DOD notes
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Earth/The Bug - Concrete Desert
SafetyPropaganda
Contact Mic

Post by SafetyPropaganda »

Scott Foust of Idea Fire Company's and Chris Scarpino of Y Front's early project XX Committee. Hypnotic, psyopped out industrial music. Amazing stuff. https://youtu.be/F0QvLaf3JyM

I have also really fallen in love with Chop Shop again. Otherwise not listening to a lot of noise these days.
MuhSteve
Hard Panning

Post by MuhSteve »

Scott Foust of Idea Fire Company's and Chris Scarpino of Y Front's early project XX Committee. Hypnotic, psyopped out industrial music. Amazing stuff. https://youtu.be/F0QvLaf3Jy
Amazing project, I have just started listening (again) to the 'Network' LP that was re-issued here by Harbinger Sound.
theworldisawarfilm
C20

Post by theworldisawarfilm »

Proof of the Shooting - Demonstrative Evidence (discs 2 & 3)

Just so fucking good.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Last night: The Cherry Point - "Black Witchery"
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

Entre Vifs - Heavy Duty (CD reissue (x2 in a row)
Wrote a review of this on the review section. Shit vomit of sort. It's not that hard, as you can see. Just think your words/thoughts might have some meaning, at least for yourself. As certain australian rockstar put it: EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Savage Gospel - s/t CD
In the midst of this vortex I got a headache. Unrelated to this music. My neck is killing me. This is good vacuum noise. Cover suits this perfectly. I think I hear ghosts of melodies.

Throbbing Gristle - DOA The Third And Final Report
My ground zero. At least one of them, and one of the deepest. I think I can trace all of the noise/industrial I have made back in here somewhere. Hometime. But "Weeping" should be renamed to "Whining."

Zos Kia/Coil - Transparent (cd reissue)
Primitive and cruel. Tremolo feedback and go! Not by any means crucial part of Coils discography, but then, what is? Always, it just is. I'm not going to turn away from this, as certain australian rockstar did.
This ain't too happy for me. So much better than I remembered. Fucking excellent documents. I wish this kind of simple lofi industrial would be still made. Regress your recording equipment! Simple and total dedication.
I should tattoo Coil Manifesto on my intestines somewhere. Got rid of my headache. I need Lusmords debut and SPKs Information Overload Unit.

sunandsteel
Contact Mic

Post by sunandsteel »

Green Army Fraction - The Greater and the Lesser Holy War
Tracks have a great structure and flow without feeling confined or predictable. Vocals are delivered in a concise and powerful manner, very effective. Tape packaging is among one of my favorites. This outing is the project at its best, really well thought out release thematically/sonically/lyrically. Make them see, make them atone.

Veteran 23 - Camouflaged Cries
Was really curious about this tape. Interrogation board + pasted art do a good job of representing the sound. PE/noise collides with more atmospheric industrial elements evoking an eerie and mysterious mood. The unwrapping job was a bit more tedious than expected.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Todays playlist so far:
Yana - Faustus Dies
Atrophist - Noisespace II
Atrophist - They Hide
Puce Mary - Success
Pharmakon - Bestial Burden
Absent In Body - Sarin
Full Of Hell - The Inevitable Fear Of Existence
Full Of Hell - FOH Noise Vol 1
Käki - Valu
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Dave Gilden - Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend (2022 CD reissue)

I'm too tired to take a photo and you've all seen it already.